(James) Sung-Jin Kim
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Telephone: (857) 919-4290
E-mail: sungjinkim [at] fas.harvard.edu
Address: 12 Oxford Street, Mailbox 125, Cambridge, MA 02138
- RESEARCH INTEREST 1 – Chem-informatics based on basic theory and machine learning
- RESEARCH INTEREST 2 – Signal processing for bio, chemistry, and electronics
- RESEARCH INTEREST 3 – Computer science and mathematics including programming language Python, Matlab/Julia, C++
- J.-H. Lee, W.-J. Lee, S.-H. Lee, S. M. Kim, S. Kim, and H. M. Jang, “Atomic-scale origin of piezoelectricity in wurtzite ZnO,” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., Feb. 2015.
- D. Mishra, Y.-H. Cho, M.-B. Shim, S. Hwang, S. Kim, C. Y. Park, S. Y. Seo, S.-H. Yoo, S.-H. Park, and Y. E. Pak, “Effect of piezoelectricity on critical thickness for misfit dislocation formation at InGaN/GaN interface,” Computational Materials Science, vol. 97, pp. 254–262, Feb. 2015.
- S.-H. Park, Y.-H. Cho, M.-B. Shim, S. Kim, C. Y. Park, Y. E. Pak, D. Mishra, S.-H. Yoo, and K. Kang, “Effects of crystal orientation on the optical gain characteristics of blue AlInGaN/InGaN quantum-well structures,”Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 457–461, Sep. 2014.
- J. W. Lee, J. Lee, S. Yi, Y. M. Seo, B. L. Choi, C. Yu, C.-W. Yang, S. Hwang, S. Kim, D. Whang, and E. K. Lee, “Core–shell Si1−xGex nanowires with controlled structural defects for phonon scattering enhancement,” J. Mater. Chem. A, vol. 2, no. 31, pp. 12153–12157, Jul. 2014.
- Seoung-Hwan Park, Dhaneshwar Mishra, Y. Eugene Pak, K. Kang, Chang Yong Park, Seung-Hyun Yoo, Yong-Hee Cho, Mun-Bo Shim, and Sungjin Kim, “Polarization characteristics of semipolar (112̄2) InGaN/GaN quantum well structures grown on relaxed InGaN buffer layers and comparison with experiment”, Optics Express, Vol. 22, Issue 12, pp. 14850-14858 (2014)
- J. Kim, Y.-H. Cho, D.-S. Ko, X.-S. Li, J.-Y. Won, E. Lee, S.-H. Park, J.-Y. Kim, and S. Kim, “Influence of V-pits on the efficiency droop in InGaN/GaN quantum wells,” Optics Express, vol. 22, no. S3, p. A857, May 2014.
- K. Im, D. Jeong, J. Hur, S.-J. Kim, S. Hwang, K. S. Jin, N. Park, and K. Kim, “Robust analysis of synthetic label-free DNA junctions in solution by X-ray scattering and molecular simulation,” Sci. Rep., vol. 3, Nov. 2013.
- Y.-H. Cho, J.-Y. Kim, J. Kim, M.-B. Shim, S. Hwang, S.-H. Park, Y.-S. Park, and S. Kim, “Quantum efficiency affected by localized carrier distribution near the V-defect in GaN based quantum well,”Applied Physics Letters, vol. 103, no. 26, p. 261101, Dec. 2013.
- S.-H. Park, D. Mishra, Y. E. Pak, C. Y. Park, S.-H. Yoo, Y.-H. Cho, M.-B. Shim, S. Hwang, and S. Kim, “Partial strain relaxation effects on polarization anisotropy of semipolar (112¯2) InGaN/GaN quantum well structures,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 103, no. 22, p. 221108, Nov. 2013.
- S.-H. Lee, J. Kim, S.-J. Kim, S. Kim, and G.-S. Park, “Hidden Structural Order in Orthorhombic Ta2O5, ”Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 110, no. 23, p. 235502, Jun. 2013.
- S.-H. Lee, S. Kim, and K. Kim, “Semimetal-antiferromagnetic insulator transition in graphene induced by biaxial strain,”Phys. Rev. B, vol. 86, no. 15, p. 155436, Oct. 2012.
- S. M. Kim, H. Kim, Y. Nam, and S. Kim, “Effects of external surface charges on the enhanced piezoelectric potential of ZnO and AlN nanowires and nanotubes,”AIP Advances, vol. 2, no. 4, p. 042174, Dec. 2012.
- Sungjin Kim, H. Kim, C. S. Park, and K. B. Lee, “On the Performance of Multiuser MIMO Systems in WCDMA/HSDPA: Beamforming, Feedback and User Diversity,” IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Communications, vol. E89-B, no. 8, pp. 2161–2169, Aug. 2006.
- S. J. Kim, H. Kim, and K. B. Lee, “Unified Optimal Power Allocation Strategy for MIMO Candidates in 3GPP HSDPA,” ETRI Journal, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 768–776, Dec. 2005.
- Sungjin Kim, H. Kim, C. S. Park, and K. B. Lee, “Adaptive Precoding for Wireless MIMO Broadcast Channels with Limited Feedback,” IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Communications, vol. E88-B, no. 11, pp. 4237–4245, Nov. 2005.
- 81 patents registered in USPTO.