Sir Henry Wellcome Fellow
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Telephone: (617) 230-3083
E-mail: brookes [at] fas.harvard.edu
Address: 12 Oxford Street, Mailbox 355, Cambridge, MA 02138
MSc, Physics, University College London, 2005
BSc, Joint Honours Physics and Philosophy, King’s College London, 2004
- Novel molecular recognition processes and models for small molecules and large proteins.
- Quantum processes in biology, charge transfer mechanisms.
- Atomistic modelling methods: ab initio electronic structure theory and classical molecular dynamics code.
- J. C. Brookes, M. D. Galigniana, A. H. Harker, A. M. Stoneham, G. Vinson. System among the corticosteroids: specificity and molecular dynamics. (2011) J. R. Soc. Interface doi: 10.1098/rsif.2011.0183
- Jennifer C. Brookes: Olfaction: the physics of how smell works?, Contemporary Physics, 52:5, 385-402 (2011). doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00107514.2011.597565
- J. C. Brookes, Science is perception: what can our sense of smell tell us about ourselves and the world around us? Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A 368, 3491-3502 (2010).
- J. C. Brookes, A. P. Horsfield and A. M. Stoneham. Odour character differences for enantiomers correlate with molecular flexibility. J. R. Soc. Interface. vol 6, no 30, 75-86 (2009).
- J. C. Brookes, F. Hartoutsiou, A. P. Horsfield and A. M. Stoneham. Could humans recognize odour by phonon assisted tunneling? Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 038101 (2007).